Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Last few days of training:
I've been taking it fairly easy.

Wednesday I was toasted from too much jiu jitsu so I didn't train, but I ran sprints the day before. I ended up rolling with a friend who weighs 240lbs. We ended up doing about five 20-minute rounds which was ridiculous but I did get a nice sweep to a rear naked choke which was a nice way to ring in the new year (never tapped him before, and we've rolled a lot, for over a year).

Thursday I did a ton of get-ups and swings.
Friday I took the day off but did some mobility work.

Today's training (finally):
Ended up rolling with brad (see above) again for about 30 minutes so I was a little smoked, so I skipped the heavy lifting.

Bar Muscle Up: 5x5
Ring Muscle Up: 5x5

Handstand Pushup: +20lbs x 5 x 5

Box Jump @ 52" x 3 These were cool because I just got some new mats today (for free, Yes!) that I stacked up.

Pullup on rings +20lbs x 6 x 10

Pushup x 20 x 15 (different hand positions, plyos, elevated, etc, kept it fun)

One arm swing: 24kg x 30/30, rest 1 min, 30/30, rest 1 min, 30/30.

Nice day of rest tomorrow, I am probably going to hurt from doing so many pushups, but my buddy from the air force is home so we hit a ton of pushups.

1 comment:

Terence Mitchell said...

Hi Max!

2 weeks ago i got a severe knot in my right quad from bending horse shoes!! the pain has been terrible! basically the whole muscle went into a tight knot, so ive been unable to carry on with my squat cycle, im really bummed as it was going really well and was working towards a 180kg 5 sets x 5 reps before march! obviously im a bit behind now...