Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Longest Sandbag Carry

I built a sandbag.
I would estimate that it weighs somewhere around 200lbs, although it feels like more. And it's big--really big. I filled it up with sand from a local playground and made it in the sandbox. I didn't consider the reality that I would have to carry it back to my car (about 400m away...up hill)
I hadn't planned on working out as I had already boxed today, but this completely torched me. My lungs turned to fire as I went up the hill and I recognized just how useful this new training tool would be. This new addition to my arsenal was inspired by Mitch over at IRONSTYLE.

Training is going well, still nursing my hamstring though.

1 comment:

Terence Mitchell said...

Hey Max

Thank you for the kind words! Its great to see you added sandbags to your arsenal of strength tools! I promise you your sandbag will reward you very soon!

My OH pressing increased after only 4 SB workouts, my conditioning went thro the roof, and even my gripper strength increased!!

Good to see you made your own, IMO thats the real deal!

Keep me posted on your progress! so we can share workouts and exes

Mitch