Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Chins, Chains, and ruined hands and Eyes Closed

My legs are still a bit sore, seriously. Simple training.

Press: 40kg+1 chain x 1 x 5 sets
Chinup: 48kg x 2 x 5 sets

150lb sandbag complex:
Shoulder 2 per side
Bent over row x 2
Zercher squat x 2

5 rounds resting between rounds

Later that night...
VO2 max 15:15 with EYES CLOSED, yep seriously, it went pretty well until the 70th set
I did 9 reps/set for the first 20 sets, then switched to 8.
Then at set 70 my hands tore big time. bummer. My lungs/legs/back all felt fine, very frustrating to stop only because of my hands. On a positive note, the eyes closed really helped me to focus on the little things that I sometimes forget.
Try it, close your eyes and snatch, press, squat, but make sure you do it somewhere you can drop the bell safely!

No comments: