Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Monday, January 26, 2009

Play the cards life deals you the best you can:



Hurt my foot at muay thai on friday (didn't do any walking/training this weekend) so I used this as an opportunity to do some things I'm not used to--skipping grappling tonight, ready to go again on wednesday.

Deadlift: 365x5x4
Walking see-saw press: 28kg x 8/8 x 4

TGU+armbar+windmill: 28kg x 1/1 x 2

Zercher Squat (deadlifted from floor):
242 x 5
292 x 5
312 x 5

Heavy Bag: 8 x 3 minute rounds with 30 seconds rest between (punches and left kicks only-not risking my right foot)

Never gone that heavy on zercher squats before, felt pretty strong. I attribute it to all the heavy double racked pistols, very similar groove.
9/10 for the zerchers mostly.

5 comments:

Geoff Neupert said...

Max,

Great job. You are one strong hombre. Give yourself another 5-10 years of smart training and you will be not only "strong as hell," but "un-freakin-believably strong."

Keep up the good work.

Best,

Geoff Neupert

Max Shank said...

Thanks Geoff, that means a lot.
I'll definitely keep working at it.

Terence Mitchell said...

hey mighty Max!

Thanks for your post the other day! I had a bad case of heat exhaustion. but im back in action now!

I will post some pics of my atlas stone when it arrives! Ive got some cool toys on the way!

Gripbell & pinch lever block, and a monster mace for swinging, all from strongergrip.com and 2 IM sandbags cause my duffle bags keep on splitting!

Mitch

An experiment in improving health and fitness through minimalist philosophy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Franz Snideman said...

Maximus.....frickin awesome work on the Zerchers!!!!!

312.....wow!!!!