Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Friday, May 2, 2008

BEAST

Robert brought in a 48kg... So I played with it.

First touch on a beast, I was definitely excited.
Cleaned it up with the right- and pressed it. So awesome. There was some hip action and some abdominal momentum to be had, but no knee bend. So it counts. Did plenty of swings, a few snatches on each side--grip is the limiting factor in doing more snatches.
Eventually did an overhead squat on each arm and felt pretty awesome.

Then rolled BJJ-again with someone about twice my size-but I am definitely getting technically more capable.

I felt so great today--I had an opportunity to excel and go beyond what I have ever gone and it felt so awesome. You need to give yourself the chance to get stronger. I can tell you right now that I won't be using my 32kg as much anymore. For your next training session, try pushing yourself beyond what you know you can't do, and give yourself a chance to do what you've never done before.

I got a little carried away with the beast so I'll probably be "Sore As Hell" tomorrow.

No comments: