Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ouch

So it's been a while since I've posted and here's the recap:
Saturday I won the Pankration tournament for my weight class (175). Then 15 minutes later I also won the No-Gi Jiu Jitsu tournament. It was an awesome day and I felt like my strength and conditioning really carried me to the top.
The bad news: Jammed the hell out of my left thumb during on of the BJJ matches so I'm on IR for probably a week (might be broken, going to get an X ray tomorrow if pain doesn't subside). Today was a tonic training session--not a normal day.

Dead Start BB Flat Bench (done from chest in power rack):
185 x 5 x 5
KB Row:
88 x 15/15 x 5

Jumping Pistols: 5/5 x 5
MB lateral Throw: 8lbs x 8/side

Tabata Burpee high Jump: 8 sets of 9
Burpees felt good-felt very explosive and got good hang time on each rep.

No comments: