Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Odd Lifts

I like the odd lifts. I think they give a good mental break from monotony, and in some cases add a bit of danger-which I dig. I think you can build practical strength from doing this type of thing.

25lb plow lift + press


Ask me about "leverage"

Very difficult, most challenging on the abs trying to stabilize the bar and overcome the leverage deficit. Start with an empty bar or a womans bar.

After 5 sets of those, conditioning. I have been letting my conditioning fall lately so yesterday I hit it fairly hard.
8 rounds of:
plyo lunges
pullups
burpees

took about 15 minutes, felt better than I thought and I took no breaks. Remember, this is conditioning, NOT strength training.

Now go try some new lifts and break up the routine.

No comments: