Home Page   |   About   |   Testimonials   |   Videos   |  Articles

Friday, April 18, 2008

Power

On days that I roll Jiu Jitsu I usually keep a low volume workout immediately beforehand. This was no exception.
Power Clean and Push Jerk
5x135
2x225
1x255
1x255
1x275
wait a second. That was a POWER clean. It also happens to be a new PR for C+J... hmmm..
with power cleans i don't do %'s and just play by how it feels. And today I used plates in lbs and plates in kilograms, what a lucky mistake! I didn't even split jerk to get it up, it wasn't pretty but I'll take it. Sometimes you just have to say MORE PLATES! and not worry about what % of your 1 rep max or how many kilograms it is.

Fat Bar pullups
+20lbs 3 sets of 10
unweighted 2 sets of 10
32kg kb snatch + OHS x 10/side alternating (trying to improve my flexibility)

Then a 5 minute rest and Jiu Jitsu for an hour. I felt good today and a few people even commented on how strong I was. Hey, I'm not a black belt, so if I am up against someone who has been rolling for years, I'd better be strong as hell.

Good session.

No comments: